MS which results in persisting clinical impairment of motor or sensory function (supported by findings of objective evidence on MRI).
What we won’t payout for
- Symptom only based diagnosis (symptoms with no clinical correlation on MRI).
- Mild or transient symptoms
- Incidental findings on MRI
- If there is no definite diagnosis
- MRI scans without clinically significant symptoms.
What we will payout for
Definite diagnosis of MS by a consultant, and where the diagnosis is confirmed on MRI in combination with clinical symptoms, and there are persisting motor and sensory impairment as a direct result of a diagnosis of MS.
Multiple Sclerosis is a disease of the central nervous system (your brain and your spinal cord). The symptoms each person experiences can vary enormously.